Translate

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Burundi Visa

Hello everyone,

Today I went  to Burundian Embassy in Den Haag to apply for Visa. It was very exciting morning  to see that I have collected all paper work required for visa.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
After I sent my boys to school, I took a train from Schothorst to Den Haag. In Utrecht a woman came in and sat next to me. The sun was shining so I had my beautiful funny sunglass in the shape of 2 lovey hearts. She greeted me and she said  ‘wow you have beautiful special sunglass, I have never seen those. I said thank you. There is so much hate in this World we need sometimes something to remind us that love could be a solution of  many problems. She looked at me, surprised of my answer and she said that I am correct! We continued our conversation. She was taking off from her work going to pick up her 22 years old girl in Rotterdam and both would go to France for a short holiday. She asked me if I was going to work or still on holidays. I told her I was going to apply for visa for Burundi. I explained about the work I will be going to do. When I told my reasons that I am also Hiv positive. She was again surprise, I look too beautiful and young to have hiv.I explained that Hiv does not choose people based on age or race. I told her that my life has been a gift to some people because I can use my story to encourage new Hiv diagnosed people. In Gouda we said goodbye and she thanked me for being honest and sharing such inspirational story.

I continued my way to Den Haag Centraal where I took a short bus ride to the Burundian Embassy. I was received very fast, it was less busy than I thought. When they put a stamp for receiving my application I was relieved. From now on, it is a matter of waiting between 2 and 3 weeks to receive my visa.

I feel like the days are flying like the wind! Thank you again for being with me on this journey.

Regards, Eliane

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and for all strong, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your update Eliane. I'm glad things went so smoothly, but I'm convinced that your attitude towards life helps you on your way! You are going to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your story makes me happy and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete