Translate

Sunday 8 October 2017

The woman from Buyenzi.

Yesterday I visited Buyenzi at Ruvumera market in Bujumbura .It's place  to find the divercity. They sell and fix many things .People used to joke that even if a flight would be broken the wings ,it can be fixed  Buyenzi they have everything!

While walking around I meet the woman her name is Zainabu  .She was selling the ananas. She had a baby in her back and looked very energetic I asked the price and took the picture of ananas . She asked me if I am a tourist .I told her that I am in Burundi to educate Batwa on Hiv and Aids She asked why did i choose to do Hiv education.I explained that I have a good reasons to help the Batwa  people because they don't know what it is Hiv and Aids since I have Hiv for almost 15years

She looked at me surprised and she said"If you have it for so many years there is no way I could be afraid of death" you look healthy and Happy!

I shared with her my hiv story  she was motivated to hear that I have been able to give birth of healthy Hiv negative children. She agreed with me that the only way to find out is doing Hiv test and she promised to do Hiv test for her and her 4 children.
Unfortunately her phone was stolen few days ago I would have loved to keep in touch.

After saying goodbye I realized that I just finished to empower an other citizen of the World!

Peace
Eliane

3 comments:

  1. Every person matters......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive social impact can be achieved with any encounter! Keep spreading your experience Eliane, you’re changing lives everywhere you go!! Love & respect, Pauline

    ReplyDelete