Translate

Monday 29 January 2018

Talents and Motivation

Hello again.
Last Saturday was the second event for Face of Winter Netherlands.It's a charity campaign designed to reach out to people  in need especially the homeless during the winter seasons.

We choose new Queen and the two Ambassadors who will continue the charity work at Face of Winter Netherlands.
I have been chosen last year as Migrant youth Ambassador in Nederland and HIV activist.
My role the whole year was to educate people on HIV and Aids,share my story with homeless people and motivate them for HIV testing  so then they can know their status .Prevention =treatement
As I always like to find out in such event how many people actually has knoledge of HIV or has any update .The number is always surprising.
Well HIV can go together with beauty,talents and this has proven already after my African dance performence that no where to read my status unless I tell you myself. Which is why people were pretty amazed to hear my HIV story after they have seen how much energy I have used during my performence.This was my great opportunity to explain the use of #UequalsU#.These people needed to hear the great News of People living with HIV. I said "People I came to tell you that I am a lucky girl. I know my status and I have been on treatment last past 15 years.I am undetectable and Untransmittable. Which means I can not give my HIV to anyone of you." My advice is that everyone should make it a priority to do HIV testing.Find out your status and get treated on time. U=U is scientifiquely proeven. Before stimatizing someone think twice if you really know that much about your own health.
After my speach ,many people appreciate my informations and some came direct to ask few questions .I realized there is so much to be done.The U=U is not only good message for us People living with HIV is also important to everyone if we want to reduce the stigma.It takes a fear away.
I am proud I could make a different during my one year as Ambassador and I will continue to provide education to any one in need.In Netherlands and In other part of World.

The Face of Winter Netherlands  rewarded  me the Certificate of appreciation for the amazing work I have done last 2017.

Let's keep spreading the word .No more shame,no more taboe.

Eliane 

1 comment: