Translate

Monday 15 April 2019

The return of my Hero

He is back home safe. He is my Hero and also to the World. My husband left one month ago to Mozambique to save lives as there was cyclone Idai which destroyed many things. People are homeless and clean water was crucial .My husband needed to be there for the cholera response, building tents and training local volunteers to help rescue people who are sick and bring them to the cholera center.

I am here in Holland but was daily in contact with my husband just to know how he was doing. Mostly I was worried for him being in place where they have cholera and was afraid he may get it. I know how hard and painful this disease is as I have suffered from it and have seen many people die from it. When my husband told me about a man he found in village and brought him to the cholera center and in half an hour he died, this news saddened me more and made me worried about him.

But he always managed to stay safe because it is not his first time to be in such an environment. He dedicated his life to rescue people whenever there is a disaster. He has been in Haiti, Sint Maarten and many other places in the world. I am always home with the kids and pray for him to return home safe 

This kinds of work he does, he cannot do it without my support. And it goes the same as he has always been my biggest supporter with my Music career and my HIV activism. Without him I would not have been in this place. He stands by me when I heard my HIV diagnose, he gave me courage and loved me with compassion. I am very thankful. This is why I call him my Hero 

I am glad he is back home safe from Mozambique. I thought it is great to share with you how grateful I am to have him back! 

Peace, 

Eliane 

No comments:

Post a Comment