Translate

Monday 11 June 2018

Shine with my Red Ribbon

Sunday the10th of June my Choir the Hallehuiskoor had a 33 years jubilee concert at Theatre Lieve Vrouw in Amersfoort.Well I am not that long in the Hallehuiskoor but one thing I liked about this Choir since I began in September 2014 is that no one judged me when I told them my HIV Status.Everyone accepted me as I am. We are all as One people and we enjoy singing together!

Yesterday was a big day for all of Us as we spent the whole past year rehearsing for the concert.It was full variety:17th century English, Netherlands songs, Germany 20th Century songs, English pop music, and Mediterranean songs.

The singing was mixte with acting.We did nail down the performance on solo during Mediterranean songs where I played solo together with the tallest man from our Choir, it was great and feels special to sing in Italian (Pizzica de San Vito).

After the concert we met our friends and families who gave us many compliments .Some  came personally to shake my hands and give the compliments . A daughter of my Choir colleague together with her son(12years old) approached me and said "We want to share with you that we enjoyed watching you singing, we were your fans." And when I was walking around looking for my best friend Elise, another couple gave me again the compliment and said "Oh you can sing so nice and you were shining on the stage, our eyes could not look somewhere else but at YOU!" My heart was full of joy!

Our outfit was different shades of blue, grey,and red as accessories. Some women had flowers,necklaces, shawl,or bracelet all in red.
I had my beautiful blue dress,and as red accessories my RED RIBBON and mixed red and blue shawl ,red braclet and red ring.   It was like I worked at a Dutch Airline. As I was talking to some people after the concert I got a question about my Red Ribbon. One woman asked me "Is that for breast cancer?"I said no madam, this is for HIV and AIDS. She continued to ask me why I was wearing it. I responded that I wear it to spread the awareness. She continued ,"So you have lost someone with AIDS?".I said yes,and I am myself HIV positive. She continued ,"But you look great and you were shining out there." I responded to her that People with HIV are like everyone else and can do great things. I asked her if she could tell based on looking at my face during my performance. She said no.

UequalsU used as support

I asked her how much she knows about HIV .She said very old information from the 1980s. From that moment I knew I needed to spread the U=U , the very powerful message which can help to reduce the STIGMA. Madam I would like to share some update information. Did you know that a person with HIV ,who is on treatment 6 months with an undetectable viral load  cannot pass on HIV? Undetectable = Untransmittable. It is scientifically proven  and officially launched since July 2017.
I am happy to share this good news with anyone who is not aware of it! People living with HIV can fall in love , get married a and have healthy children without worrying of being infected if the one with HIV stays undetectable! For the changes nowadays people are suppose to be supportive towards PLHIV because in the end we are all HUMAN BEING.

She thanked me for informing her and said" Keep on shining and helping other people, I am now empowered and will sure share your information with hope that stigma will melt down in our country(The Netherlands)and in the World."

we need to keep our message moving.Every time I have  a chance to talk to people I inform them with no shame of being HIV. In end they don't see me as an HIV POSITIVE WOMAN ,they see me as a beautiful talented woman!
I will keep shining with my RED RIBBON and wear it with pride! Won't you?

Peace,
Eliane.

3 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhhhhh
    Power sister
    I love you more and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Eliane, you are a shining star!
    Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Eliane! For spreading your beautiful voice, energy & information!! Lots of love & respect XX Pauline

    ReplyDelete