Translate

Friday 22 September 2017

A day of Confusion

My day started very beautifully. I was told that my Burundi visa was ready and that i could fetch it at the Embassy in the Hague. So I woke up earlier to make it on time since they open from 9h till 12h. I had my day well planned to make sure I would be back home for a conference call from 13h.

When I entered the room, the receptionist, that I spoke on the phone earlier this week and told me my visa was ready, was very confident to find my passport quickly. She started searching my passport and sowly I saw her eyes widening, focusing on so many list like she never did before. I was very patient and confident that i would return with my visa.

After many long minutes, looking at all those lists,  she had to confess to me that my visa was not yet ready.  How did you manage to confirm my visa twice on phone  and even give me the right time to fetch it? She said "I am sorry, I confused you with someone else". I was speechless for a moment. I don't have the same family names with that person, not even the same name and age. Yeah being angry was no options because I would close all doors!

Before i caught my train I wanted to relax and spoil myself with a good Latte Macciato from Starbucks. Guess what happened? they also managed to confuse my name , Eliane became Eliani. What a confusing day of my life!

So now I am home without a visa , my last chance is next Wednesday. I will keep you informed, for now we keep our fingers crossed to have my visa in time. Never give up hope...

Have a good weekend.
Regards,
Eliane

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed indeed they arrange your visa in time!!!!! Hope & prayers with you dear, have a good week. Big hug, Pauline

    ReplyDelete