Translate

Sunday 10 September 2017

Always Myself

Hello everyone.
While waiting for the news on my visa, I choose to share a little bit of my life at begining of my hiv. I was just looking at my old album foto and when i saw this picture, it reminded me of the first week of my hiv treatement. I was diagnosed in Luanda, Angola, with Bad news that i was going to die and not even allowed to have children.The Doctor in Luanda sent me home without prescription so i could not buy any medication anywhere. My husband was my guardian Angel he supported me and took me in Pretoria in South Africa to see a doctor .

I came back to Malange in Angola, where my husband was going for work. I have to start over a new life in making new contacts and try to socialize with people around me. It was hard to find people who speak French English or Swahili.Forget about Kirundi there was no chance!
I decided to start my medication after the 2004 new year party. It was not easy , i did not want to smell garlic, or chicken. I did want to smell or drink a single drop of beer for at least 4 months.

But after my first week of treatement, we decided to go for a pick nick at the Kangandala Waterfalls with a small family of my husband colleague. It was a beautiful place to be. I totally forgot even the whole hiv story. It was amazing to be in the nature. We had a great day we took beautiful foto which I am sharing with you. I tried to see the difference between this foto and the one taken last week with my friends in Groningen. I realize i am stil the same happy, energetic happy girl. My conclusion is hiv does not define me!I am who I am and I will always be the same.


Have a great week.
Regards,
Eliane.

4 comments:

  1. You are GREAT my dear, and you always will be. Show the world that being open and honest is the best way to live and be the person who you really are. Congratulations! People will follow your example gradually.
    Your joy of life is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are defintely a powerfull, strong woman! The courage to fight the stigma is one of your battles, hope that one day the stigma will be gone and everyone can be open about it! You sure are not hiv, you are Eliane, the strong lady that happens to be infected. Keep up your good work, mag God bless you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Eliane. These personal anecdotes are so powerful! We all have our own stories but only by sharing them can we inspire and empower, just like you do. With lots of love & respect to you my dear sister �� Big hugs xx Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sister. We started calling each other sister very soon after we met and it really feels like you are my sister and will always be! We met in a choir some years ago. Since then our friendship never changed, also not after you being open about hiv. I know you are not always a strong woman, I know you well enough, because we're all human and we need each others support and love! I'm proud of you going to Burundi fighting hiv stigma and give education to the people! Love, Elise.

    ReplyDelete