Translate

Friday 18 May 2018

What does the future hold for them?

I would like to share many personal stories .Some are inspiring, others are just informative stories.
Today this particular story is about what my sons are going through.It is not the first time this happen to them but today was extreme!

They are born from Netherlands Father and African mother(Burundi).They have beautiful hair and not difficult to manage. They have been going to their own hair dresser for more than 3 times now after a difficult search. They used to have one lady who always cut their hair. So this morning I called to make appointment and as they are in system was not difficult to make appointment.So I was asked if there is any hair dresser of my preference.I said the usual person,the same as last time.
They said they are sorry ,she is no longer working for them. They asked me if any other person can cut their hair and I said no problem. They got an appointment at 16h15.But till16h30 they were not helped yet. I stayed patient since I could see that they still busy with other customers. I did not mind the little delay.
At some stage my sons were helped .Then ,the moment one was done , the boss came to me and said" I would like to talk to you about something  you are not going to like !You see,your children have got black hair, and here we don't do black hair.You see, the hair dresser is taking a lot of time,1 hour while we are suppose to help other clients. So you are going to pay extra money because it cost us more time?" I was like what is happening here? Is not first time they come here and you arranged someone  else .Then I pointed to my son and asked her" Is that hair black hair?" Then I pointed to my head and said "Look closer, this is black hair" She responded like"Oh I know you have black hair ,I would never accept you to my salon."
She said that I can not pay normal tariff for children who are 9 years which is usually 20,50 euro. So she  asked me to pay
27,50 euro for Akira and for Rio 22,95euro. I refused to pay for Akira price, I end up paying both 22,95 two times.

My question is, should my boys be punished ,even be refused to be helped for having such beautiful hair? And should I even allow them to call it black hair?It is wrong to change the price on the spot while you have agreement from the beginning!
If my children from 9 and 11 years are experiencing this kind of behaviour from a hair saloon, how long will it take them before they start hating who they are ?And for them to decide to cut their beautiful hair ,just so it becomes"White hair"?

Is there anyone who can help me in giving a name to this kind of action done toward my boys? Is this really acceptable?

Qui vivra verra!
Peace ,
Eliane

2 comments:

  1. Shameful and sheer discrimination, which is forbidden by law in the Dutch constitution!!! Take action and let this hairdresser feel that he is wrong! Here in Tilburg we have a "meldpunt voor discriminatie", and I am sure that you can find that in Amersfoort too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inded - it should not be left uncommented. Write to your local radio station and go to the meldpunt. One should not swallow such things.

    ReplyDelete