Translate

Sunday 22 October 2017

At my home safe.

Hello Netherlands.
After 20 days of work in Burundi ,I would like to inform you that I arrived safe yesterday evening.
It was a very long trip from Friday 23h30 I was  at Bujumbura Airport waiting  the Flight from 02:55 to Jomo Kenyata Nairobi Airport.Which arrived at 05:35 of morning.
The connection Flight  from Nairobi to Amsterdam Airport was ready to leave at 07:55 and we arrived safe at Schiphol at 15h40.
It was great to be surprised by my parents in Law together with my boys at Airport  since my husband has left for Sint Maarten few days for his work.

I immediately felt the cold ,  Burundi was very hot and there was no rain all days I have been there except Thursday afternoon.
My feets were swallown because of the heat. All the shoes I took with me could not fit  anymore.So I needed to buy new ballerinas .During  my check-in  in transit in Nairobi,I need to take them out and go through  scan. They  came back broken.
I was glad I had my home sandals Crocs.
I used them all the way to Netherlands.
Long live the Crocs ,they saved me!

I am having  much sweet memories of Burundi ,especially in Batwa Community which I will continue to share via this blog.
Thank you again for your support,I would not have done it without YOU!

Peace,
Eliane

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, you did a great job. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were fabulous Eliane,the Batwa and we owe you A BIG THANK YOU!
    Welkom thuis in kikkerland! Geniet van je familie en je welverdiende vakantie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fijn dat je weer thuis bent Eliane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to have you back save!

    ReplyDelete