Translate

Monday 2 October 2017

The Smile of Batwa

Dear all
Today was my first trip to Batwa of Buterere.Together with Batwa Local organisation we were very welcome by the Big chief NGenzi . The women and chidren were all singing and dancing .   I join the dance to get familiar with them .

The Batwa people are always happy. I
gave education on HIV  and Aids by using my Hiv life story. They were very touched and convinced. There was a woman Mariziya she gave a speach about how happy they are to get such knoledge . "People will bring food to us but this is more than food" we are having education ,  The best way to know that you are Infected  is by doing hiv test and get treated at hospital.

They made immediately a new song using the message I just finish to give during the Hiv education.
Before I say goodbye , I shake my hand with this boy on picture and He told me "I will stay healthy and my dream is that one day I will be a Doctor "
The Batwa children have dream too!

Peace
Eliane

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful Eliane. So your first trip was a success! Congratulations. Great that you used dancing as a means to get "familiar" with them, as you put it so nicely. "Getting familiar" means becoming "family", and using your positive body language and joy of life to achieve this is just fantastic! Looking forward to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eliane. Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with us! You're doing a great job overthere. I'm proud of you. Big hug. Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work sister!!! Proud of you! Big hugs XP

    ReplyDelete