Translate

Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Children of Murira.

Today I went to give education on Hiv and Aids to children from Primary school MURIRA1 in Gihanga Commune.
It was great to see all the changes after many years. A lot of houses have been builded and new schools which were not there when I was young .
What chocked me is that some chidren are seating on the floor because the chairs are not enough or broken.It made me cry to see them in those  conditions.

I was welcomed by the Headmester and two teacher of 6th term primary school.
During introduction I told them that I am a native of Murira and they very curious to Know what brought me back there.

I started by asking  different questions relating on what is Hiv , Infection and prevention. They responden very well and have  asked many questions . There was a very good interraction betwen class.
We learn about stigma around  HIV and Aids , the important of testing.
We close our class by making drowing competition for the Anti stigma.

While I walked outside I saw this boy on foto who has been listening all my talking through the Window.He asked me ." Hiv can not take my talent of playing my favoriet football right?"I said not at all!" He thanked me again for being honest with them in class.
I have a good souvenir from this Burundian Hand made ball from my village.

Peace
Eliane

1 comment: